If your graduation (like mine) is at the crack of dawn, you can’t afford to waste any time getting your makeup done by a professional. Plus, the photographs are going to last a lifetime, so unless you’re completely confident in your chosen MUA’s abilities, it’s a bit of a risk (you don’t really want a full ‘club face’ in a photo your nan’s gonna hang up in her living room). Due to both of these reasons I did my own makeup for graduation day and these are the products I used for a natural, glam, long-lasting face:
- The first, most important, most VITAL ingredient in the grad face recipe is MAC Fix+ Prep and Prime Spray. This is the holy grail and my life wasn’t complete until I purchased this. I use it before I apply any makeup, on my beauty blender when patting in my foundation and concealer and when my makeup is complete, there is no such thing as too much. #SPRAYBITCHSPRAY #NOSPRAYNOSTAY.
- For my eyes, I like a full drag look usually not gonna lie, especially since I received the HudaBeauty Rose Gold Textured Eyeshadow Palette, there is NO comparison to the gorgeous glitter shadows included (I’m that obsessed I might name my first child Fling). But, I had to draw a line for grad day and instead used the neutral shades every wannabe MUA uses for ‘crease colours’ or ‘blending shades’ aka Henna and Sandalwood. Then I added the smoke shade in Charlotte Tilbury’s The Dolce Vita palette for a bit of a subtle smoke on the outside crease of my eye and bottom lashline. I adore this palette too for a day look or when I don’t fancy having pink glittery eyelids but HudaBeauty has my heart.
- The best eyeliner and mascara in the world belong to Benefit. The black They’re Real! Push Up Liner is an absolute god send and makes creating a wing so easy (a little hack is to squeeze some of the product onto your hand before using the eyeliner tip to pick the product up and line your eyes). I always loved Benefit’s ‘They’re Real! Mascara’ but their Roller Lash Mascara has beat them at their own game. It’s incredible and it’s literally like having an eyelash curler in the tube. I also used some Eyelure Enchanted eyelashes in the style Lily which were natural, easy to apply and stayed on all day!
- For concealer I used Benefit’s Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer for obvious reasons (I was up at 5am, industrial strength was required). Then OVER my foundation I used Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer because it’s beautiful and works surprisingly well as a highlighter too.
- Considering I wanted quite a natural coverage foundation, I used the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation in shade 3.5 (my ‘tanned’ shade) mixed with the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow which is like adding little drops of sunshine into your makeup – so gorgeous and glowy. The Wonder Glow is worth having even if you don’t use the CT foundation, it brightens up skin on it’s own!
- For bronzer and highlight, surprise surprise it was Benefit again, with their Hoola Bronzer (worth all the type it gets, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t suit this bronzer) and Watt’s Up Highlighter. I hate the sponge on the end of the highlighter, its a bit of a waste of time in my opinion as it blends in LOADS better with your fingers, but regardless, it’s such a glowy and gorgeous highlighter, definitely an all time favorite of mine.
- For lips, I used good old fave MAC Velvet Teddy, again a product that suits EVERYONE and topped it with NYX Butter Gloss in shade Madeleine (this tastes amazing).
- AGAIN, SPRAY FIX+ SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY!!!!